Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Asleep At The Wheel



I have to admit that the past few weeks have been difficult in thinking of ways to encourage us on our journey. I've been praying about what to say or how to relate what my discouragements have been to everyone in an honest way without grumbling or complaining. It feels like I set out on this journey thinking I would be in a nice comfortable car, only to discover my car is a covered wagon! The pace is much slower, very bumpy and not one bit comfortable.

When I first discovered I wouldn't finish the Old Testament this year...I was full of faith and fine with it. However, each morning I've noticed an increased feeling that I'm standing still. That's when the perfect metaphor hit me; whenever a driver feels as if they're standing still and the road is moving, it's a clue they're about to fall asleep at the wheel. It's adamant to pull over and stretch in order to wake up.

So today, I'm pulling over to confess to you my discouragement hoping this will provide the grace I need to wake up. By God's grace I haven't stopped my journey, but I could very easily. I must fight this temptation because I need to continue moving forward no matter how slow the pace. I must because this is what my soul needs.

How about you? Are you feeling lethargic at the wheel? Let's pray for each other and confess our weaknesses. We need God's help and strength to do this and the good news is He never slumbers nor sleeps.

2 comments:

Medana22 said...

Debi,
You can't do it. How's that for encouraging;)None of us can, But with a Faithful God we can do (and read) exactly what He has planned out. As you stretch and wake up on the road side may it give you a few extra moments to shake your head in awe and refresh your vision of the journey that God has called you on for this year, even if the pitstops are more often do to weariness keep getting back in the car and you won't be disappointed:) Much Love Darling,
Medana

Debi Walter said...

You are so right, Medana! By God's grace I did finish my journey, but it wasn't the finish line I expected to cross. He is Sovereign even in the time we devote to Him each day! Thanks for your encouragement! Love you...

Post a Comment