Followers

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

How's Your Cup?


Are you one to think of the cup as half empty or half full? Knowing the answer to this question will help motivate you to finish the journey well.

It's hard to believe we've been traveling together now for eight full months. And God has been with us in every page we've read of His amazing story. What a blessing to have such a companion, such a friend. The Lord kindly reminded me this morning that I am more sinful and flawed than I realize, but I am more welcomed and loved than I ever dreamed. We can get caught up into thinking God is pleased or displeased with us based on how we're doing in our daily devotions. This couldn't be farther from the Truth. He is always pleased because when He sees us, He sees the reflection of His Son. He doesn't see our lack, but He focuses on what His Spirit is doing in and through us for His glory.

Let this Truth provide fuel for the rest of your journey. I'm looking forward to celebrating with you all in January 2010 what God has done. Our cup is nearly full, let's not be satisfied until we reach the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment