Followers

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Post Card #9 - The Bumpy Road



You know I've been thinking a lot about bumpy roads. We have a road near our home that has speed bumps in regular intervals for about a mile. Whenever I take that road I know I'm going to go over those bumps! When my children were little they used to beg me to go down "the bumpy road" because it was fun to them! And it can be great fun - that is when we see it coming!

But what about driving over unexpected potholes! I have done this before and my first thought was..."oh no, now my alignment will have to be adjusted!" It was more than disconcerting.

It's the same way as we travel Route 66. We can take the bumps we know are coming without difficulty, but it's those unexpected potholes that can really mess with our alignment! The good news is that God sees it all - even the bumps we don't anticipate! He wants us to cling to Him in such moments, not to the ability of our cars to go the distance.

Has your trip been interrupted by unforeseen potholes? Are you needing realignment with the Truths of Scripture? This is all part of God's plan - so don't give in to panic and despair. Instead, rejoice that your Heavenly Father has taken notice of you along the way...AND He's continuing His plan in the midst of your trouble.

Bring on the potholes, if they are means to realign our hearts with what matters most! After all, this is the point; not only reading Scripture, but learning to apply it to the potholes of our lives - for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment