Followers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jesus Take The Wheel


I've heard it said that before you fall asleep while driving, you'll get the feeling that your car is standing still and the road is speeding past you. This is a warning sign to stop and take a break, or risk the chance of falling asleep at the wheel.

How often I've done this with my journey on Route 66; I sit down, Bible in hand; only to be immediately overcome with the sense that life is speeding past like lightning. and I'm going no where. What's the point?

The point is, we were never meant to travel alone. In fact, the Lord doesn't want us to even drive! He wants us to sit next to Him in the passenger seat and fully enjoy the view. There will be times when there isn't much to see, but we're with Him! That, my friend, is the point! Being with Him no matter what life is throwing your way gives meaning and purpose to the road we're traveling.

Maybe it's time for you to pull over and let Jesus take the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment