Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Post Card #3


WORTH SEEING

I've often thought about vacationers that come to Florida and all they see is International Drive. When they go home they talk about their time in Florida as if they've really experienced it. You and I know that I-Drive can't compare to a pontoon boat ride down the St. John's River, or a day spent on a quiet beach; That's the real Florida!

In the same way we can be tempted to think we've seen all that God wants us to see in His Word, when we've failed to see the best part! This is what makes commentaries so helpful - it's like a personal tour guide taking us to the real places of interest. I'm finding this to be true this week with the extra reading of The Enemy Within. It's opening my eyes to see the Word in ways I would have never known I'd missed otherwise. Thank you God, for this road trip that takes us to the not-so-popular places that are better than what I've ever seen before.

I pray your journey is progressing. If you've found yourself stuck in traffic on I-Drive - call a friend for help out of the city to a more peaceful place. It will be worth your time and effort - like a trip on the river...you never know what's around the bend.

Loving The Journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment