Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Post Card #2



Have you ever been on a trip and realized that you missed something along the way that you knew you needed to see? So what do you do? You make a U-Turn and go back. This is what I just did - you see, my trip has been full of many distractions these past few weeks, and I missed something God wanted me to hear. It was Mark Altrogge's message on Gratefulness, and I'm so glad that I took the time to go back! I needed to hear what he preached on this day in these circumstances.

How is it with your trip? Are you speeding along and missing important stops along the way? May I encourage you that the goal isn't so much the trip as it is the journey! Take time to enjoy it, and when God prompts you to stop, even if you're slow to hear requiring a U-Turn, do it. You'll never know what God has for you if you speed along and miss God's main "points of interest". After all, this is the point isn't it? Seeing and enjoying what He has for us along the route.

Enjoying the Journey!

2 comments:

Debi Walter said...

From Dacia:
Thanks so much for the time you take to encourage and care for us on this journey. I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up and listened to this message. Wow - sooooo good. This message help to reset my thinking. It helped me to remember what REALLY matters. God saved me!! Yea! I'm not going to hell - I'm not going to face the wrath of God for an eternity. How can I not be grateful??
What a great way to start the day.
Thanks again Debi.

Unknown said...

please pray for me!! i am having such a hard time getting caught up! the Lord is so faithful to meet me in my times with Him but I am not caught up with the reading in the commentary. it's been an extra busy season lately...

THANK YOU :) for your prayers!!!! im grateful to be on the journey with you all!

Post a Comment